Safflower Oil Contents
A tablespoon of safflower oil contains approximately 120 calories and 14 grams of fat (a percentage of 21% of the daily allotment for daily value). It has approximate 1 gram of saturated fat, 11 grams of polyunsaturated fat, and 2 grams of monounsaturated fat.
Uses of Safflower Oil in a Nutshell
Safflower oil is widely used in variety of applications. Some of them are:
- This flavorless and colorless oil is widely used as a cooking oil in salad dressing
- Since it has a high smoke point, it is recommended for deep frying
- It is also used for the production of margarine
- Safflower oil is used in painting in the place of linseed oil, particularly with white, as it does not have the yellow tint which linseed oil possesses
- In India and Afghanistan, saffron rice is made with safflower, which gives it an interesting orange color
- When applied to skin, it works as a wonderful natural skin moisturizer
- It is used in creams to moisturize, soften, and smooth the skin.