Different types of Pakistani rice:
- Pakistan Basmati Rice 1121 Silky.
- Pakistan Basmati Rice Parboiled 1121 Silky.
- Pakistan Basmati Rice Super Kernel Silky.
- Pakistan Basmati Rice Super Kernel Parboiled.
- Pakistan Basmati Rice 386 Silky.
- Pakistan Basmati Rice 386 Parboiled Silky.
- Pakistan IRRI-9 Parboiled Rice Silky.
- Pakistan IRRI-6 Parboiled Rice Silky.
- Pakistan IRRI-6 Silky Broken 5%.
- Pakistan IRRI-6 Broken 25%.
- Pakistan 100% Broken Rice.
Nutritional benefits of rice
Rice is an excellent source of energy. It is rich in carbohydrates, which are broken down into glucose to provide energy for working muscles and fuel for the brain.
Rice is low in sugar and total fat and saturated fat. It is cholesterol-free, contains negligible amounts of salt and has no additives or preservatives. It is suitable to include in a diet for those watching their weight or on cholesterol-lowering diets.
Rice is gluten-free, making it ideal for people who are unable to tolerate the proteins found in wheat, barley, rye, oats and triticale.
The glycaemic index (GI) ranks foods based on their immediate effect on blood sugar levels. Eating low GI foods, such as certain varieties of rice, can lower insulin levels which makes fat easier to burn and less likely to be stored.